- Home »
- Install Windows
How to Clean Install Windows OS Versions
Most Compatible OS ever with great performance.
Offers great reliability with high durability.
Gives great performance with extreme speed.
Delivers high speed with extraordinary performance.
Delivers awesome performance with advanced features.
Highly reliable, durable, and stays unique.
Windows Setup Installation Process
- To clean install Windows, first enter your computer’s BIOS. Then find your BIOS’s boot options menu. If you are unable to find the boot options menu, search the name of your BIOS in online.
- Choose the CD-ROM drive as the first boot device of your computer and save the changes of the settings. Then shut off your computer by choosing the shut-down option.
- Then power on the computer and load the Windows disc into your CD/DVD drive. Then start your computer from the disc. Choose your Windows setup options. You’ll be presented with a window once Windows Setup loads.
- Choose your preferred language, keyboard type, and time/currency format. Then select Next. Tap on the Install Now button and then accept the license terms.
- Then choose the Custom installation and decide on which hard drive and partition to clean install Windows. Install Windows on your preferred hard drive and partition.
windows software download
- If you need to download the latest Windows OS software for your computer, get it from this website. The driver download link is available here.
- Click the link and choose the Windows operating system to download on your device. After the Windows OS gets download, clean install windows by doing the on-screen prompts.
- Before you begin to download the software, ensure there is an active internet connection and sufficient available data storage for the download.
- Ensure there is a blank USB flash drive with at least 5 GB of space. Then check if the laptop or computer has 64-bit or 32-bit processor (CPU).
- Before installing the Windows, see the system requirements. When you install the software for Windows, choose the same language. Remember to choose the same edition of Windows.
windows installer error codes
- When the error code 1101 generates, it displays the error message as Could not open file stream. The error code 1301 generates the message Cannot create the file. A directory with this name already exists.
- The error code 1302 generates the message Please insert the disk. The error code 1303 generates the message as the Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory to clean install Windows operating system.
- The error code 1304 generates the message Error writing to File. The error code 1305 displays the message Error reading from File.
- The error code 1306 generates the message the file is in use. If you can, please close the application that is using the file, then click Retry. When this error message appears, a system restart might be required.
- The error code 1307 displays the message There is not enough disk space remaining to install this file. The error code 1308 generates the error message Source file not found.
- The error code 1309 generates the message Error attempting to open the source file. The error code 1310 generates the message Error attempting to create the destination file to clean Install Windows OS.
- The error code 1311 displays the message Could not locate source file cabinet. The error code 1312 generates the error message Cannot create the directory.
- The error code 1313 generates the message The volume is currently unavailable. The error code 1314 generates the message The specified path is unavailable.
windows could not complete the installation
- When you clean install Windows operating system, sometimes the installation stops in the middle and prompts an error message saying Windows could not complete the installation.
- If you are facing that issue, then continue the installation using the Automatic Repair. One effective method is to continue the process with the help of Advanced Recovery when your Windows installation process is stopped by the could not complete error.
- If the installation error occurs still, then run the Windows account creation Wizard. Even if the Windows account is not created normally, this error might occur.
- After running the account creation wizard, check if the issue is resolved. If the problem persists, try to reinstall your system without activating it.
- When you are trying to clean install windows of a specific version, sometimes the error might occur. Try to reinstall your system to resolve the issue. Install the Home version and don’t activate it during the installation.
- Use the product key to activate your system after the installation completes. Now the installation should get complete.
- If still, there is an issue in the installation, find another source of installation media. The error may result from the system installer. It may be corrupted or incorrect.
Fix Windows Update issues
- To fix Windows update issues, run the Windows Update troubleshooter. Download and clean Install Windows Update Troubleshooter. Then choose Open or Save in the pop-up window.
- Click Next and follow the instructions in the wizard to fix the problem. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
- To fix the issue, download the most recent Servicing Stack Update (SSU). From the Microsoft Update Catalog, download the version of the latest SSU. Restart your device and check for updates and check if the issue is fixed.
- If the issue exists still, go to the update history page and find the most recent update KB for the Windows version. Search for the KB number in the Microsoft Update site.
- Select the link for the download. Choose Download and select Save if you are prompted. Select Open to start the update when the download completes.
- If the Windows update issue occurs still, try to fix Windows file corruption. If the problem exists still, then perform an in-place upgrade. Download the Windows 10 media creation tool (MCT).
- Then use it to perform an in-place upgrade to clean install Windows 10. If the update issue is not resolved, then perform a clean install of Windows 10. A clean install will delete all of your saved data.
- It will also delete the installed apps. Before doing a clean install, make sure to back up your data. Recreate your user accounts and reinstall your apps. Doing this should resolve the issue.